<< Return to the main URL Flipper page
- Known Issues
- [Bug #134] The Turkish translation needs to be updated.
- [Bug #135] It would be nice if URL Flipper had prettier toolbar buttons (help wanted).
- 2011/03/25 - 3.1.1
- [Bug #278] On Firefox 4 and SeaMonkey 2.1, the extension XPI will no longer unpack upon install.
- [Bug #280] Improved support for the Firefox Private Browsing feature.
- [Bug #283] The URL Flipper menu has been relocated to the Tools menu.
- [Bug #285] Added cs-CZ translation from BabelZilla.
- [Bug #291] The zero-padding width is now automatically updated as needed if a manual navigation changes the index width.
- [Bug #294] Addressed a compatibility issue with the latest trunk nightlies.
- 2011/03/22 - 3.1.0
- [Bug #141] The hashes of URL patterns will no longer be saved if Private Browsing is active.
- [Bug #162] The URL Flipper options dialog can now be accessed from the URL Flipper menu.
- [Bug #268] New version numbering scheme.
- [Bug #274] URL Flipper is now compatible with Firefox 4 and SeaMonkey 2.1.
- [Bug #275] Fixed a problem in which certain URL encodings could break URL Flipper.
- [Bug #276] The strip leading zero option will now start out as unchecked if auto-selection finds a sequence that has a leading zero.
- [Bug #277] Added/updated translations from BabelZilla.
- 2009/05/10 - 3.0.1
- [Bug #164] Fixed a key initialization regression introduced by 3.0.0 and made the key initialization fail-safe.
- 2009/05/10 - 3.0.0
- [Bug #121, #137, #140] Improved the UI and behavior of the redirect suppression (the redirect suppression code developed for URL Flipper can also be found in the new NoRedirect extension).
- [Bug #123] URL Flipper now supports SeaMonkey 2.
- [Bug #125, #126, #133] URL Flipper will now remember all patterns, across different browser windows and, in Gecko 1.9+, different sessions.
- [Bug #127, #152] URL Flipper can now skip past bad/missing URLs, based on the HTTP response code of the request.
- [Bug #128, #136] Improved the behavior and usability of the pre-selection feature introduced in 2.2.0.
- [Bug #129] Arrow, directional and function keys can now be used for shortcut key sequences, and the default sequences have been changed to use arrow keys.
- [Bug #132] URL anchors (#) are now ignored for URL pattern matching and identification.
- [Bug #139] The URL Flipper toolbar buttons now support command modifiers:
Alt+Click will attempt to suppress the pattern dialog,
Shift+Click will force the pattern dialog to be shown,
Ctrl+Click will invoke the action from the first index in the sequence instead of the current index (this would, for example, make it easier to explore the URLs below a certain index after having explored all the URLs above that index), and a
Middle-Click will perform the command in a new tab.
- [Bug #153] Three parameterless public functions—
UrlFlipperClear—have been introduced to make it easier to invoke URL Flipper from other extensions (e.g., a mouse gestures extension).
- 2009/04/11 - 2.2.0
- [Bug #57] The final sequence will now be auto-selected instead of the first.
- [Bug #105] Added support for the latest trunk builds.
- [Bug #107] Fixed the handling of escaped sequences in the URL.
- [Bug #110] Requests initiated by URL Flipper will no longer redirect.
- [Bug #112] Added 6 new translations from BabelZilla.
- [Bug #114] URL Flipper will now make use of selections in the location bar.
- [Bug #120] Improved handling of leading zeros when the width of the varying field changes.
- 2008/06/04 - 2.1.1
- Fixed a typo that caused the URL Flipper toolbar buttons to use the wrong image regions when placed on the bookmarks toolbar.
- Added a toolbar button for "Clear URL Patterns".
- 2008/05/17 - 2.1.0
- Updated for compatibility with Firefox 3.
- Firefox 3's new key handling forced me to change URL Flipper's default shortcut keys.
- Added the option to change URL Flipper's shortcut keys so that Firefox 2 users can revert to the old shortcut keys if they choose and so that people can use whatever keys they are most comfortable with.
- The URL selection dialog will now attempt to auto-highlight the appropriate part of the URL.
- Added Quick-Decrement/Increment commands; you can think of these as "I'm feeling lucky" commands. These commands will cause URL Flipper to bypass the URL selection dialog and attempt to guess which part of the URL you would like to have changed.
- Due to popular demand, users now have the option to add decrement and increment toolbar buttons.
- 2006/11/06 - 2.0.1
- A minor bug was causing the first digit to be ignored under certain circumstances in decimal, octal, and hexadecimal modes. This problem has been fixed.
- 2006/10/18 - 2.0.0
- Added support for different data type handling. The general-purpose alphanumeric handling used in version 1.x is no longer the default, but it can still be selected.
- Added the option to use increment/decrement intervals other than 1 for decimal, octal, and hexadecimal data types.
- 2006/10/08 - 1.1.0
- Improved the detection and handling of URL changes.
- Added the option to strip away leading zeros.
- The segment selection dialog now displays the selected segment for clarity in the event that caret focus is lost from the selection box.
- The extension packaging process is now performed by a Perl script to reduce the chances of human error (and to make my life easier).
- 2006/10/07 - 1.0.2
- Improved the detection and handling of URL changes.
- Tweaked the wording on the menu.
- 2006/10/03 - 1.0.1
- Changed the extension ID.
- Added update.rdf.
- 2006/10/03 - 1.0.0 (not publicly released)